Past tense and past participle of overlay1.
- Simple past tense and past participle of overlay.
Variant of overlay
transitive verboverlaid, overlaying
- to lay or spread over
- to cover or overspread, as with a decorative layer of something
- Printing to place an overlay upon
- anything laid over another thing; covering
- a decorative layer or the like, applied in overlaying
- a transparent flap showing additional details, areas of color, etc. placed over a map, art work, etc.
- ☆ in betting, odds which are set higher than expected or warranted
- Printing the paper affixed to the impression surface of a press to help make a uniform impression