- to outbid (another person)
- to bid more than the worth of (a thing, as one's hand in bridge)
verbo·ver·bid, o·ver·bid·den or o·ver·bid, o·ver·bid·ding, o·ver·bids
- To outbid (a person) for something, as at an auction.
- Games To bid more than the value of (one's hand in bridge, for example).
(third-person singular simple present overbids, present participle overbidding, simple past and past participle overbid)
- An excessively high offer to pay or accept a price.
- (card games) The announcement of a goal, before starting play, that exceeds the goal actually achieved.
over- +"Ž bid