- The definition of outdoorsy is someone or something related to or fond of nature.
- A person who likes to camp outside is an example of an outdoorsy person.
- Camping is an example of an outdoorsy activity.
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
Informal of, characteristic of, or fond of the outdoors
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Associated with the outdoors: outdoorsy hobbies such as fishing.
- Showing a liking for the outdoors: “backpackers, mountain climbers, cross-country skiers, and other no-nonsense outdoorsy types” (New Yorker).