to subject to outcrossing
an individual produced by outcrossing
verbout·crossed, out·cross·ing, out·cross·es
- To mate (an animal) to an unrelated individual of the same species or breed.
- To pollinate (a plant) with pollen from a different plant of the same species, often one that is unrelated or is of a different variety.
To outcross a plant or animal.
- The process of outcrossing.
- Offspring produced by outcrossing.
- a plant or animal produced by outcrossing
(third-person singular simple present outcrosses, present participle outcrossing, simple past and past participle outcrossed)
- cross out
From out- +"Ž cross.