- 1995 11/03, “Nightline”, ABC_Nightline:
- It is a total, consuming quest to run for president of the United States, and to be president of the United States. You have to realize that privacy is out the window.
- 1995 9/9, “Aspects of the Bosnian Agreement are Discussed”, NPR_Weekend:
- it's bad for principles that we thought were the basis for post Cold War security -- for example, non-aggression, pluralism, tolerance, things of that kind, and they 're out the window now. I mean this- this framework, for these principles, are the antithesis of principles that we allegedly were backing over the last 45 years of the Cold War.
- Gone; departed; disappeared.
- (colloquial) Into the class of things obsolete, superseded, or irrelevant.