- that can be opposed, or placed opposite something else
- capable of being moved so as to touch the other digits: said of a toe, finger, or, esp., the thumb
- resulting from or characterized by such a digit: an opposable grip
- Possible to oppose or resist.
- Capable of moving opposite to and touching one or more other digits of the same hand or foot in a way that allows grasping: The thumb is an opposable digit.
(comparative more opposable, superlative most opposable)
- Capable of being opposed or resisted.
- Capable of being placed opposite something else.
- The thumb is opposable to the forefinger.
oppose +"Ž -able