- Affiliate Marketing - A business recruits associates to promote the company's products or services. The associates receive a commission or other similar rewards for every sale, visitor, subscriber, or customer they bring to the company.
- Display Advertising - The use of web banners or banner ads placed on a third-party website to drive traffic to a company's own website and increase product awareness.
- Email Marketing - Send promotional emails directly to customers.
- Interactive Advertising - Use of animations and other graphic techniques to create ads that engage the viewer and invite participation.
- Search Engine Marketing - Search engine marketing techniques that companies can use to increase their visibility in the search engine page results from Google and its competitors.
- Viral Marketing - Companies encourage customers to pass along information about their products or services.
- An example of online marketing is the use of Internet auctions such as Ebay to sell products.
- An example of online marketing is Amazon.com Associates Central, an affiliate marketing program that Amazon.com uses to encourage private website owners to bring traffic to its site.
- An example of online marketing is search engine optimization (SEO), paid placement, and paid inclusion.
- An example of online marketing is company websites that let visitors email interactive games or funny video clips to their friends as part of a viral marketing effort.
Online marketing is defined as advertising and selling products on the Internet, through email and through wireless media.