- The definition of one shot refers to a situation where you only have one chance to do something.
An example of one shot is when you have only one minute to talk to the girl of your dreams and you'll never see her again after that.
one-shot definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- happening, appearing, etc. only once
- being the only one; not part of a series
one-shot definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Becoming effective after only one attempt: looked for a one-shot solution to the problem.
- Being the only one and unlikely to be repeated: The funding was a one-shot deal.