An example of one shot is when you have only one minute to talk to the girl of your dreams and you'll never see her again after that.
- happening, appearing, etc. only once
- being the only one; not part of a series
- Becoming effective after only one attempt: looked for a one-shot solution to the problem.
- Being the only one and unlikely to be repeated: The funding was a one-shot deal.
- Needing only a single attempt to become effective.
- (television) A television programme that is not part of a series.
- (film) A cinematographic shot of a person talking to camera; a talking head.
- (electronics) A monostable multivibrator.
- A type of long-lasting paint.
- (music) A music sample that is played without immediate repetition.
- (literature) A story of only one chapter.