- The definition of one shot refers to a situation where you only have one chance to do something.
An example of one shot is when you have only one minute to talk to the girl of your dreams and you'll never see her again after that.
- happening, appearing, etc. only once
- being the only one; not part of a series
- Becoming effective after only one attempt: looked for a one-shot solution to the problem.
- Being the only one and unlikely to be repeated: The funding was a one-shot deal.
- Needing only a single attempt to become effective.
- (television) A television programme that is not part of a series.
- (film) A cinematographic shot of a person talking to camera; a talking head.
- (electronics) A monostable multivibrator.
- A type of long-lasting paint.
- (music) A music sample that is played without immediate repetition.
- (literature) A story of only one chapter.