- designating or of equipment not directly connected to and controlled by the central processing unit of a computer
- not connected to, and therefore not ready to receive data from or transmit data to, a computer or computer network
- unavailable on, or not done through, the Internet or some other computer network
independently of the Internet or of some other computer network
Also written off′line′
- Of a system, currently not connected (generally electrically) to a larger network. For example, a power plant which is not connected to the grid, or a computer which is not connected to the Internet or to any other communications service.
- I printed the web pages so I could read them later when I was offline.
- Happening in the physical world (the real world) as opposed to on the internet.
- While offline; with an offline system.
- (corporate jargon) Outside the current meeting, in a more private setting.
- Alternative spelling of offline.