(comparative more obligational, superlative most obligational)
- Pertaining to, or in the nature of obligation
Variant of obligation
- an obligating or being obligated
- a binding contract, promise, moral responsibility, etc.
- a duty imposed legally or socially; thing that one is bound to do by contract, promise, moral responsibility, etc.
- the binding power of a contract, promise, etc.
- the condition or fact of being indebted to another for a favor or service received
- a favor or service
- an agreement or duty by which one person (the obligor) is legally bound to make payment or perform services for the benefit of another (the obligee)
- the bond, contract, or other document setting forth the terms of this agreement
Origin of obligationMiddle English obligacioun ; from Old French obligation ; from Classical Latin obligatio