The definition of objectivism is the philosophy or theory that the main objective of the human experience is to pursue personal happiness and respect other humans.
An example of objectivism is the philosophy made known by author Ayn Rand.
- any of various philosophical doctrines that stress the external, independent existence of what is perceived or known
- an ethical theory maintaining that the validity of ethical assertions can be determined objectively
- the use of objective methods in art or literature
- Philosophy One of several doctrines holding that all reality is objective and external to the mind and that knowledge is reliably based on observed objects and events.
- a. An emphasis on objects rather than feelings or thoughts in literature or art.b. Objectivism A school of modernist poetry emphasizing the poem itself as object, rather than focusing on its ostensible content.