- state of SE Mexico: 36,820 sq mi (95,363 sq km)
- its capitalin full Oaxaca de Juárez
A city of southeast Mexico south-southwest of Veracruz. It was founded c. 1490 as an Aztec garrison post and was conquered by the Spanish in 1521.x
- And Vera Cruz and Oaxaca on the W.
- - 1 emple Chambers, with stone pillars, from the ruins of Mitla, Oaxaca, with wall mosaic of joined stones.
- From Monte Alban, Oaxaca, Zapotecan culture.
- - General View of the Ruins of Monte Alban, Oaxaca, with terraced pyramids.
- Microlepidotus, a species which, moreover, has the greatest possible altitudinal range, from the hot country of southern Oaxaca to the upper tree-line of Citlaltepetl, about 13,500 ft.