- One who makes notches.
- (cricket) A scorer.
notch + -er. Cricket scorers originally kept score by making notches in wood.
- (slang) The perineum.
Variant of notch
- a concave or -shaped cut or indentation in an edge or across a surface
- ☆ a narrow pass with steep sides; defile; gap
- Informal a step; grade; degree; peg: a notch below average
Origin of notchprobably ; from Middle English (a)n oche ; from Old French oche, osche, a notch ; from oschier, to notch
- to cut a notch or notches in; indent with notches
- to record or tally, as by means of notches