- Any process that makes something more normal or regular, which typically means conforming to some regularity or rule, or returning from some state of abnormality.
- standardization, act of imposing standards or norms or rules or regulations.
- (computing) In relational database design, a process that breaks down data into record groups for efficient processing, by eliminating redundancy.
- (diplomacy) Process of establishing normal diplomatic relations between two countries
- (economics) globalization, the process of making a worldwide normal and dominant model of production and consumption
- Template:operations Making a normalized production.
- (politics) Sharing or enforcement of standard policies
- (sociology) A process whereby artificial and unwanted norms of behaviour and models of behaviour are made to seem natural and wanted, through propaganda, influence, imitation and conformity.
- (statistics) The process of removing statistical error in repeated measured data.
normalization - Computer Definition
In relational database management, a process that breaks down data into record groups for efficient processing. There are six stages. By the third stage (third normal form), data are identified only by the key field in their record. For example, ordering information is identified by order number, and customer information by customer number. A major goal of normalization is to eliminate redundancy by having a data element represented in only one place. See functional dependency.