nonproductive definition by Webster's New World
not productive; specif.,
- not resulting in the production of the goods sought or the realization of the effects expected: a nonproductive plan
- not directly related to the production of goods, as clerks, salesmen, etc.
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- nonproductiveness noun
nonproductive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Not yielding or producing: nonproductive land.
- Not engaged in the direct production of goods: nonproductive personnel.
A person who produces no useful work.
- nonˌpro·ducˈtive·ly adverb
nonproductive - Business Definition
Of or referring to a person or asset that produces little or no useful output.