night watch definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a watching or guarding during the night
- the person or persons doing such guarding
- the time of their guarding
- any of the periods into which the night was formerly divided for such guarding: usually used in pl.
night watch definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A watch or guard kept during the night.
- The person or persons on such a watch.