nest eggnest egg
- an artificial or real egg left in a nest to induce a hen to lay more eggs there
- money, etc. put aside as a reserve or to establish a fund
- An artificial or natural egg placed in a nest to induce a bird to continue to lay eggs in that place.
- A sum of money put by as a reserve.
nest egg - Computer Definition
- A real or artificial egg placed in a hen's nest or nesting box to encourage it to continue laying eggs in the same place.
- Money put aside as a reserve for future expenses or leaner times.
nest egg - Investment & Finance Definition
Money that an individual has saved, often for retirement.