- The definition of a naturalist is a person who believes the world can be understood in terms of science, or is a person who studies natural sciences.
A scientist who studies ecosystems and the interactions between animals to help deepen the understanding of human connections and relationships is an example of a naturalist.
naturalist definition by Webster's New World
- a person who studies nature, esp. by direct observation of animals and plants
- a person who believes in or practices naturalism in any form
Origin: French naturaliste
naturalist definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One versed in natural history, especially in zoology or botany.
- One who believes in and follows the tenets of naturalism.
naturalist - Science Definition