The capital and largest city of Kenya, in the south-central part of the country. Founded in 1899, it became the seat of government for British East Africa in 1905 and capital of independent Kenya in 1963.x
- Different midways sport African names - Timbuktu, Egypt, Nairobi, and Congo - and the corresponding ride names also reflect African associations.
- NAIROBI, capital of the British East Africa protectorate and of the province of Ukamba, 327 m.
- Nairobi is built on the Athi plains, at the foot of the Kikuyu hills and 545 0 ft.
- The site of Nairobi was selected as the headquarters of the Uganda railway, and the first buildings were erected in 1899.
- In 1902 the surrounding highlands were found to be suitable for European settlement, and Nairobi speedily grew in importance; in 1907 the headquarters of the administration were transferred to it from Mombasa.