any of a genus (Sorbus) of small trees or shrubs of the rose family, with compound leaves and clusters of white flowers and red or orange berries
- Any of various deciduous trees of the genus Sorbus of the rose family, having pinnately compound leaves, clusters of small white flowers, and orange-red berries.
- A very tall eucalyptus tree (Eucalyptus regnans) valued as a source of timber and pulpwood.
(usually uncountable, plural mountain ashes)
- (botany) Any of several trees in the genus Sorbus in North America.
- (UK) The European species Sorbus aucuparia, commonly known as rowan or more specifically European rowan.
- 2007, Tyler Guthrie, Mountain Ash: Formally Rowan Tree, Trinity College, Academic Dissertation.
- A tree native to southeastern Australia, Eucalyptus regnans, the tallest of all flowering plants.
- A Texan ash tree species, Fraxinus texensis.