- If you want to lose weight to get healthier, this is an example of motivation to improve your health.
- If you have a very strong desire to do something, this is an example of a time when you have strong motivation.
Motivation is defined as the reasons why you are doing something, or the level of desire you have to do something.
- the act or an instance of motivating
- anything that motivates
- desire or enthusiasm to accomplish or achieve something: a talented athlete who lacks motivation
- a. The act or process of motivating: the coach's effective motivation of her players.b. The state of being motivated: students with a high level of motivation.
- Something that motivates; an inducement, reason, or goal: “I believe that if your primary motivation in life is to be moral, you don't become an artist” ( Mary Gordon )
- Willingness of action especially in behavior
- The action of motivating.
- Something which motivates.
- An incentive or reason for doing something.
- (advertising) a research rating that measures how the rational and emotional elements of a commercial affect consumer intention to consider, visit, or buy something.
- The motivation scores showed that 65% of people wanted to visit our website to learn more about the offer after watching the commercial.