- Motivation is defined as the reasons why you are doing something, or the level of desire you have to do something.
- If you want to lose weight to get healthier, this is an example of motivation to improve your health.
- If you have a very strong desire to do something, this is an example of a time when you have strong motivation.
motivation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a. The act or process of motivating.b. The state of being motivated.
- Something that motivates; an inducement or incentive.
- moˌti·vaˈtion·al adjective
- moˌti·vaˈtion·al·ly adverb
motivation - Business Definition
Stirrings within an individual that direct behavior toward an identified goal.
Variant of motivate