- Biol. the only type of its group, as a single species constituting a genus, a single genus constituting a family, etc.
- a unique print from a metal or glass plate on which a picture has been made, as with paint or ink
- the method of making such prints
- Printing type produced by Monotype
Origin of monotypemono- + -type
a system for mechanically casting and setting metal type, used formerly in printing
- Biology The sole member of its group, such as a single species that constitutes a genus.
- A unique print made by pressing paper against a painted or inked surface.
A trademark for a typesetting machine operated from a keyboard that activates a unit that casts and sets individual characters.