- One who advocates a moderate or conservative approach, action, or policy, as in a political or governmental organization.
- A practitioner of minimalism.
- Of, relating to, characteristic of, or in the style of minimalism.
- Being or providing a bare minimum of what is necessary.
(comparative more minimalist, superlative most minimalist)
- Believing in or seeking a minimal state; seeking to minimize or reduce to a minimum.
- I am sure such a minimalist style of furniture would never fit well with my packrat nature.
Variant of minimalism
- action of a minimal or conservative kind
- a movement in art, dance, music, etc., beginning in the 1960s, in which only the simplest design, structure, forms, etc. are used, often repetitiously, and the artist's individuality is minimized