- Midyear means the middle of the calendar or academic year.
- An example of midyear is July 1st.
- An example of midyear in the academic year is January 1st.
midyear definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
☆ occurring in the middle of the (calendar or academic) year
- the middle of the year
- ☆ Informal a midyear examination, as in a college course
midyear definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The middle of the calendar or academic year.
- a. An examination given in the middle of a school year.b. midyears A series of such examinations.