Middle America definition by Webster's New World
☆ the American middle class, regarded as characterized generally by moderate or conservative political attitudes and conventional social values; sometimes, specif., the middle class of Midwestern America
- Middle American noun
the part of America that includes Mexico, Central America, &, sometimes, the West Indies
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Middle American adjective, noun
Middle America definition by American Heritage Dictionary
A region of southern North America comprising Mexico, Central America, and sometimes the West Indies.
- Middle American Middle American adjective & n.
nounThe American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- That part of the U.S. middle class thought of as being average in income and education and moderately conservative in values and attitudes.
- The American heartland thought of as being made up of small towns, small cities, and suburbs.
Middle America - Cultural Definition
The interior regions of the United States, as distinguished from the East Coast and West Coast.
- Middle America is associated with conservative, traditional values in politics, religion, and culture.