- Mic is another spelling of mike and is short for microphone, which is defined as something people talk into that makes their voices louder.
An example of a mic is what a musician sings into at a concert.
(third-person singular simple present mics, present participle micing or mic'ing, simple past and past participle miced or mic'ed)
- (and intransitive, music, sound engineering) To put one or more microphones on or in; to use or place a microphone.
- If we add the drum kit, we'll have to mic the orchestra.
1961 mic. Abbreviation and alteration of microphone.
- Minor In Consumption (of alcohol)
- Message Integrity Check. A technology that is employed to prevent an attacker from capturing data packets, altering them and resending them. The MIC provides a strong mathematical function in which the receiver and the transmitter each compute and then compare the MIC. If it does not match, the data is assumed to have been tampered with and the packet is dropped.
- Michoacán, a state of Mexico.
mic - Computer Definition