- the part of the human foot consisting of the five bones between the ankle and toes
- the corresponding part of a land vertebrate's hind limb
- the bone between the tibia and the phalanges in a bird's leg
Origin of metatarsusModL: see meta- and tarsus
- The middle part of the human foot that forms the instep and includes the five bones between the toes and the ankle.
- The corresponding part of the hind foot in quadrupeds or of the foot in birds.
- The part of the foot between the toes and the ankle, especially its five bones.