- resembling metal; metallic
- containing metal or metallic salts
Origin of metallineMiddle English mettaline ; from Medieval Latin metallinus
- Of, resembling, or having the properties of a metal.
- Containing metal ions.
(comparative more metalline, superlative most metalline)
- (chemistry) Relating to, or resembling, a metal; metallic.
- metalline properties
- Impregnated with metallic salts; chalybeate.
- metalline water
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
metal +"Ž -ine?