- The definition of megalomania is a mental illness where the person believes they are very important and superior, or a tendency to do very extravagant things.
- An example of megalomania is a mentally ill person who thinks they are the Queen of England.
- An example of megalomania is a mom throwing her three year old a birthday party with one hundred guests.
- a mental disorder characterized by delusions of grandeur, power, etc.
- a passion for, or for doing, big things
- a tendency to exaggerate
Origin of megalomaniaModL: see megalo- and amp; mania
- A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.
- An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions.
- meg′a·lo·ma·ni′a·cal , meg′a·lo·man′ic