meek + -ly.
Meekly is defined as something done mildly, humbly or submissively.
When you are embarrassed about your behavior, feeling very humble and you are made to go back in and apologize to a person you insulted, this is an example of when you might apologize meekly.
- "No matter at all, my dear count," she said, meekly closing her eyes.
- By the memory of their Saviour's crucifixion to submit meekly to their fate.
- The council thereupon acquiesced in its own humiliation by meekly accepting a royal brief changing its official title from Riksrdd (council of state) to Kungligarc d (royal council) - a visible sign that the senators were no longer the king's colleagues but his servants.
- Ignat left off smiling, adjusted his belt, and went out of the room with meekly downcast eyes.
- Pierre did not understand a word, but the conviction that all this had to be grew stronger, and he meekly followed Anna Mikhaylovna who was already opening a door.