the evacuation of wounded military personnel for medical treatment, esp. by aircraft
of or having to do with such an evacuation or the aircraft used, esp. helicopters
- Transport of persons, especially by helicopter, to a place where they can receive medical care; medical evacuation.
- A helicopter or other aircraft used for such transport.
transitive verbmed·e·vaced, med·e·vac·ing, med·e·vacs
To transport (a patient) to a place where medical care is available, especially by helicopter.
Origin of medevacmed(ical) + evac(uation).
- The emergency transportation, usually by air, of patients to a medical facility.
- A vehicle used for emergency transportation of patients to a medical facility.
- Trained personnel who care for patients during emergency transportation to a medical facility.
(third-person singular simple present medevacs, present participle medevacking, simple past and past participle medevacked)
- To transport patients by medevac.