- like meal; powdery, dry, soft, etc.
- dry and somewhat crumbly or coarse in texture, with little flavor: a mealy apple
- of or containing meal
- sprinkled or covered with meal
- spotty or flecked: said of color, etc.
- floury in color; pale
- Resembling meal in texture or consistency; granular: mealy potatoes.
- a. Made of or containing meal.b. Sprinkled or covered with meal or a similar granular substance.
- Flecked with spots; mottled.
- Lacking healthy coloring; pale: “I only know two sorts of boys. Mealy boys, and beef-faced boys” ( Charles Dickens )
(comparative mealier, superlative mealiest)