of the Isle of Man or its people, language, or culture
Origin of Manxby metathesis from obsolete Maniske from Old Norse an unverified form manskr from Man-, inflectional base of M?n, Isle of Man from Celtic name, as in Welsh Manau, Old Irish Manu
- the Celtic language formerly spoken on the Isle of Man and now nearly extinct
- pl. any of a breed of domestic cat, originating on the Isle of Man, with a short, dense coat and no tail
the people of the Isle of Man
Of or relating to the Isle of Man or its people, language, or culture.
- used with a pl. verb The people of the Isle of Man.
- The extinct Goidelic language of the Manx.
- A domestic cat of a tailless breed that originated on the Isle of Man, having either a short or long coat.
Origin of ManxAlteration of Old Norse Mansk from Mon Man- Isle of Man
(comparative more Manx, superlative most Manx)