- a woman's scarf, as of lace, worn over the hair and shoulders, as traditionally in Spain, Mexico, etc.
- a short mantle, cape, or cloak
Origin of mantillaSp, diminutive of manta: see manta
- A lightweight lace or silk scarf traditionally worn over the head and shoulders, often over a high comb, especially by women in Spain and Latin America.
- A short cloak or cape.
Origin of mantillaSpanish diminutive of manta cape ; see manta .
- Spanish lace veil worn over a woman's hair and shoulders.
- A lady's light cloak or cape of silk, velvet, lace, or similar.