capital of Equatorial Guinea: seaport on Bioko: pop. 10,000
The capital and largest city of Equatorial Guinea, on Bioko in the Gulf of Guinea. It was founded as Port Clarence by the British in 1827, was renamed Santa Isabel when it passed to Spanish control in 1843, and finally was renamed Malabo in 1973.
- The capital of Equatorial Guinea.