- A macher is defined as someone who can make things happen.
An example of a macher is a very organized wedding planner.
- The definition of a macher is a leader or a high powered boss.
An example of a macher is the president of a union that influences many people.
- a person who gets things done, makes things happen, etc.
- a person with power and influence
Origin of macherGerman (chiefly via Yiddish) ; from machen, to make, do
- an important person, often in the negative sense of self-important; a bigwig
- 2005: An ordinary man doesn’t jump the Snake River Canyon / with nothing underneath his ass / but a two-wheeled, fin-stabilised X-1 Skycycle / and a seven-figure guarantee from some macher in LA. — August Kleinzahler , in 'A Valentine’s: Regarding the Impractibility of Our Love', London Review of Books, Vol. 27 No.20, 20 October 2005, page 6.
- 2007: Finally, Mr. Wall Street macher, there's our own Abe Silverfish, a man who has editing awards from prestige film festivals in Tanganyika and Bali. — Woody Allen, in 'Calisthenics, Poison Ivy, Final Cut', Mere Anarchy
- charme, Marche
Yiddish מאַכער (makher, “one who makes”), from מאַכן (makhn, “to make”)