- of, containing, or conveying lymph
- of, or caused by improper functioning of, the lymph nodes
- sluggish; without energy: a sluggish condition was formerly thought to be due to too much lymph in the body
Origin of lymphaticModern Latin lymphaticus from Classical Latin lympha: see lymph and -atic
a lymphatic vessel
- Anatomy Of or relating to lymph or to the nodes or vessels of the lymphatic system.
- Archaic Lacking energy or vitality; sluggish.
A vessel that conveys lymph.
Origin of lymphaticNew Latin lymphaticus from Latin lympha lymph ; see lymph .
(comparative more lymphatic, superlative most lymphatic)
- (anatomy) Pertaining to lymph or the lymphatic system.
- Lacking energy or enthusiasm.
- Madly enthusiastic; frantic.
- (anatomy) A vessel that transports lymph.