- like a lump
- heavy, clumsy, dull, stupid, etc.
- Stupid or dull.
- Clumsy or cumbersome.
(comparative more lumpish, superlative most lumpish)
- Like a lump, cloddish, dull, slow-witted.
- Like lumps, composed of unshaped or mismatched pieces.
- Shaped like a lump, ill defined in shape.
- "Continental soldiers looked lumpish beside our lean-bred fellows: but against my supple Nejdis the British in their turn looked lumpish." T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom, Chapter XCIX.
- "Thus, also, you pass from the lumpish grub in the earth to the airy and fluttering butterfly." Henry David Thoreau Walden (section 17) Spring
lump +"Ž -ish