Variant of lover
- a person who greatly enjoys something or has great affection for something: a lover of fine wine
- a person who loves sexually or romantically; specif.,
- either partner in a sexual relationship of any kind
- either partner in an adulterous or otherwise illicit sexual relationship
- Old-fashioned the illicit male sexual partner of a married woman
- a person with regard to his or her degree of sexual skill, responsiveness, etc.
- a couple in love with each other or in a sexual relationship with each other