- The definition of live in is someone who resides in your home with you permanently or on a full time basis.
An example of a live in housekeeper is someone who has a room where she sleeps in your home and who stays there on a permanent basis.
- living at the place where one is employed, esp. in domestic service: a live-in housekeeper
- designating a person who lives at the residence of his or her sexual partner without being married: a live-in girlfriend
a live-in person
- Residing in the place where one is employed: a live-in cook.
- Residing together with another, especially in a sexual relationship.