- The definition of lightweight is something below normal weight, or is something that has little serious value.
- A jacket of thin material is an example of something that would be described as lightweight.
- A newspaper with little substance or actual news is an example of something that would be described as lightweight.
- A lightweight is defined as a person or thing that is below normal weight, or is a person that is not important, or a boxing category between featherweight and heavyweight or a boxer who falls within this category.
- A person who weighs only 90 pounds is an example of a lightweight.
- A boxing category for amateur boxers between 125 and 135 pounds is an example of lightweight.
- A person in politics who actually has very little political influence is an example of a lightweight.
- one below normal weight
- a boxer between a junior lightweight and a junior welterweight, with a maximum weight of 135 pounds (61.24 kg)
- ⌂ Informal a person of limited influence, intelligence, or competence
- light in weight
- of lightweights
- not serious or profound; not deep; insignificant, shallow, etc.
- One that weighs relatively little or less than average.
- a. A weight division in professional boxing having an upper limit of 135 pounds (60.7 kilograms), between junior lightweight and junior welterweight.b. A boxer competing in this weight division.c. A similar weight division in other sports, such as weightlifting.d. A contestant in this weight division.
- A person of little ability, intelligence, influence, or importance.
- Weighing relatively little; not heavy: lightweight clothing; a lightweight wood.
- Sports Of, relating to, or characteristic of a lightweight: the lightweight title.
- Having no significance or influence: a lightweight intellect.
- (boxing) A boxer in a weight division having a maximum limit of 135 pounds for professionals and 132 pounds for amateurs.
- (bodybuilding) A competitive weight division between bantamweight and welterweight, with specific weights varying by organization.
- One of little consequence or ability.
- A person who can't handle their drink.
- A political candidate with little chance of winning
(comparative more lightweight, superlative most lightweight)