one that arrives or comes late
- One who arrives late: waited for the latecomers to be seated.
- A recent arrival, participant, or convert: a car company that was a latecomer to the hybrid market.
- One who has arrived comparatively recently.
- The old families in the neighborhood look down on him as a latecomer, his family only arrived in the 18th century, too nouveau for them.
- One who arrived late.
- At the party the host made a point of greeting all the latecomers he missed in the first pass.