(lə rin′jē əl, -jəl)
- of, in, or near the larynx
- used for treating the larynx
- Phonet. articulated in, or by constriction of, the larynx
See laryngeal in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Of, relating to, affecting, or near the larynx.
- Produced in or with the larynx; glottal.
- A laryngeal sound.
- Any of a set of h-like sounds reconstructed for early Proto-Indo-European and partially preserved in Anatolian.
Origin: From New Latin laryngeus
Origin: , from Greek larunx, larung-, larynx
Learn more about laryngeal