- a member of a North American Indian people living in the Rocky Mountains in Montana, Idaho, and British Columbia
- the language of this people: no relationship with any other language has been clearly established
nounpl. Kutenai, or Ku·te·nais
- A member of a Native American people inhabiting parts of southeast British Columbia, northeast Washington, northwestern Montana, and northern Idaho.
- The language of the Kutenai, of no known linguistic affiliation.
- An indigenous people of North America.
- The language isolate spoken by this people.