river in the N Caucasus, flowing northwest into the Sea of Azov: c. 570 mi (917 km)
- a river in Russia, in the North Caucasus region. It flows through the Karachay-Cherkessia, Stavropol Krai Krasnodar Krai, and Adygea.
- (by extension) a geographic region of Southern Russia surrounding the Kuban River, on the Black Sea between the Don Steppe, Volga delta and the Caucasus.
- Krasnodar Krai
- ANAPA, a seaport town of Russia, in the government of Kuban, on the N.
- The Kalmucks and Circassians of the Kuban attacked it repeatedly in the r 7th century, so that it had to be fortified by a strong earthen and palisaded wall, traces of which are still visible.
- Chernomorskaya), a military district of the province of Kuban, formerly an independent province of Transcaucasia, Russia; it includes the narrow strip of land along the N.E.
- The Ylya, the Kuban and the Rion belong to Caucasia.
- (188T); Danilevsky, " Kuban," in Mem.