- a knot, knob, nodule, etc.
- any of a series of small beads or ridges, as along the edge of a coin or on a dial
- Scot. a short, thickset person
Origin: prob. blend of knur plush gnarl
- knurled adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A knob, knot, or other small protuberance.
- One of a series of small ridges or grooves on the surface or edge of a metal object, such as a thumbscrew, to aid in gripping.
Origin: Probably diminutive of knur.
- knurled knurled adjective
- knurlˈy adjective