Variant of kit
- Brit., Dialectal a small wooden tub or bucket for holding fish, butter, etc.
- personal equipment, esp. as packed for travel
- a set of tools or implements
- equipment for some particular activity, sport, etc.: a first-aid kit, a salesman's kit
- a set containing a number of parts to be assembled: a model airplane kit
- a box, bag, or other container for carrying such parts, equipment, or tools
- Informal lot; collection: now chiefly in ☆ , everybody or everything
Origin: Middle English kyt from Middle Dutch kitte, container made of hooped staves
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.