- pl. -·was· or -·wa· a member of a North American Indian people formerly living in Colorado, Oklahoma, and other W states, and now living in Oklahoma
- the Tanoan language of this people
Origin of KiowaSpanish Caygua ; from Kiowa k?ygú
nounpl. Kiowa or Ki·o·was
- A member of a Native American people formerly inhabiting the southern Great Plains, with a present-day population in southwest Oklahoma. The Kiowa migrated onto the plains in the late 1600s from an earlier territory in western Montana.
- The Kiowa-Tanoan language of the Kiowa.
Origin of KiowaKiowa k&irevc;ygu, Kiowa people.
- The Kiowa people of North America, currently in Oklahoma.
- The Kiowa language of the Kiowa-Tanoan language family.