- pl. -·poos· or -·poo· a member of a North American Indian people formerly living in N Illinois and S Wisconsin, now living in Kansas, Oklahoma, and N Mexico
- the Algonquian language of this people
Origin of Kickapoofrom Kickapoo kiikaapoa from uncertain or unknown; perhaps
nounpl. Kickapoo, or Kick·a·poos
- A member of a Native American people formerly inhabiting southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois, with small present-day populations in Kansas, Oklahoma, southern Texas, and northern Mexico.
- The Algonquian language of the Kickapoo.
- An Algonquian-speaking Native American tribe.
- A member of this tribe.
Contested; an Anishinaabeg source proposes the meaning stand here and there, in reference to the tribe's migratory patterns.