- a member of a people living chiefly in Kazakhstan and adjacent parts of China
- the Turkic language of this people
Of or relating to Kazakhstan or its people, language, or culture.
nounpl. Kazakhs, or Ka·zakh
- a. A native or inhabitant of Kazakhstan.b. A person of Kazakh ancestry.c. A member of a Turkic people inhabiting Kazakhstan and parts of Xinjiang in China.
- The Turkic language of the Kazakhs.
Origin of KazakhRussian kazakh from Kazakh qazaq from Old Turkic qazğaq a profiteer from qazğanmaq to acquire from qazmaq to dig out
- A person from Kazakhstan or of Kazakh descent.
- The national language of Kazakhstan.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Kazakhstan, the Kazakh people or the Kazakh language.
- Alternative form of Gazakh.
From Russian Каза́х (Kazáx).